conch town4

Minor League

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Time Online: 15d 2h 19m 9s

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:12 PM

Ok everyone has their game times we have 18 teams just a reminder
Filed 1 will be the key west field and the main field
Field 2 will be on the navy base if your scheduled to play on field 2 please show up to filed 1 at least 30 min before game time and a trolly will pick you up and take you on to the navy base and will also bring you back after the game good luck to all teams .....
This is the biggest turn out yet
La Familia #4....B.Lowe

#66 Yankspride21

Yankspride21

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFort.Lauderdale
  • Time Online: 14h 8m 3s

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

Happy I got picked up for this tournament since my team dropped thanks for your help Bobby see you Saturday

#67 Yankspride21

Yankspride21

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:29 PM

Field one is off Kennedy by publix correct?

#68 Guilbe3812

Guilbe3812

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Time Online: 2d 10h 48m 58s

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:25 PM

Great turn out Bobby... Thanks for having us.

#69 Marlins1222

Marlins1222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Time Online: 1h 11m 49s

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:30 PM

Just saw a picture on facebook of Donnie hammons and another b player on his team in the keys from one payment. Hope they don't intend on playing in a e/d tournament. I wish my team was playing just to protest them. teams just be careful if you are a true e/d teams

• Yankspride21 likes this

#70 SSVIR

SSVIR

HOF

• Hall of Fame
  • 765 posts
  • Time Online: 19d 6h 46m 4s

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

Just saw a picture on facebook of Donnie hammons and another b player on his team in the keys from one payment. Hope they don't intend on playing in a e/d tournament. I wish my team was playing just to protest them. teams just be careful if you are a true e/d teams

Bobby isn't going to risk his annual turnout of local Key West teams and South FL D/E teams by allowing improper players.

#71 deadhead69

deadhead69

Rookie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 5h 42m 40s

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

Bobby can we please get a copy of the bracket to plan our stay in key west.

Ty

#72 One Payment

One Payment

Minor League

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Time Online: 2d 22h 16m 19s

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

that team was reclassed to E they are now E players!!   good luck this weekend!!! lol

2013/2015 ISPS D World Champions
2014 ISPS C World Champions
2015 Freedom C STATE champs

2015 AWS E World Champions ***Illegal coaching staff***

2016 GSL D and C Win National Champs

2016 USSSA D and C Win National Champs

2016 Freedom C Win National Champs

2016 ISPS D Win National Champs

2016 GSL MOJO C Champs

2016 GSL C Florida State Champ

2016 TME #1 team Florida !!

2016 Everything Champion !!

2016 USSSA C WORLD CHAMPIONS !!! enough said 

2017 USSSA B Worlds runner up !! almost bak2bak

2018 USSSA D Super Dual NIT champs!!!!

2018 GSL D State Champs!!!

www.onepaymentus.com

#73 Ricky Feliz

Ricky Feliz

Minor League

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 10h 5m 8s

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:38 PM

Let the crying begin! Play damn softball man everybody always so worried about who's on the other side. It's a hit my stick tournament and for a great organization being the wounded warriors. If Donnie is playing who gives a shit. Ok I'm done sorry for the rant just tired of seeing grown men bitch

Former Buckwheat/HitEmHard player

#74 SSVIR

SSVIR

HOF

• Hall of Fame
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:45 PM

Let the crying begin! Play damn softball man everybody always so worried about who's on the other side. It's a hit my stick tournament and for a great organization being the wounded warriors. If Donnie is playing who gives a shit. Ok I'm done sorry for the rant just tired of seeing grown men bitch

True on the hit-my-stick and great charity but on the other side of the coin people are spending a lot of money to come participate and it should be as close to an even playing field as possible. 

Virtually every leisure sport/activity has different levels of play.  I believe slow pitch softball struggles start from the top down and when active B/C players play in D tournaments that leads to D teams/players playing in E which then pushes out 90% of newly formed teams.  This isn't the old days where tournaments cost $150 and if you got waxed it was a $20 per guy investment for a day of playing and socializing.  New teams get tired quickly of spending $350-450 dollars in tourney fees, association fees, and softballs to not be competitive.  This is why there are supposed to be levels of play.

There's a reason the Georgia State and FAMU college football teams of the world get paid $1M+ to get slaughtered by Top 25 teams.  Now imagine what would happen if those teams had to PAY $1M+ to play the big boys and get slaughtered?   Those matchups would end very quickly.  For some reason that logic would be considered crying in softball.  We played a lot of games against Hit Em Hard over the years and a lot of them were pretty competitive but I can tell you that the 6-7 times we played you and you had Joey we never won one of those games.  One (or more) elite talents can make a HUGE difference.

As for this specific tourney, as you know there are several local teams that play and contribute annually to this tournament, and getting blasted by guys that play conference or play for money every weekend certainly isn't going to improve participation in Bobby's tournament nor the sport in general.

#75 conch town4

conch town4

Minor League

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Time Online: 15d 2h 19m 9s

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:38 AM

I shouldn't even respond to any off this but I will just to make whoever is complaining happy....the guy you all are complaining about has played with the same team in this tourney for 5 years they have had the same roster for 5 years now how many times have they won zero they are a bunch of guys who come a week before the tourney and have fun .....maybe I should check harder on the e/d teams cause they are the ones that win every year this isn't about the screwed up softball world it's about raising money for a good causes and letting people play in the 5 years Ive run this toureny never have I had some say that team was to stong you messed up ....so please go cry somewhere else
  • Freedom Sports likes this
La Familia #4....B.Lowe

#76 Ricky Feliz

Ricky Feliz

Minor League

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 10h 5m 8s

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:02 AM

True on the hit-my-stick and great charity but on the other side of the coin people are spending a lot of money to come participate and it should be as close to an even playing field as possible.

Virtually every leisure sport/activity has different levels of play. I believe slow pitch softball struggles start from the top down and when active B/C players play in D tournaments that leads to D teams/players playing in E which then pushes out 90% of newly formed teams. This isn't the old days where tournaments cost $150 and if you got waxed it was a $20 per guy investment for a day of playing and socializing. New teams get tired quickly of spending $350-450 dollars in tourney fees, association fees, and softballs to not be competitive. This is why there are supposed to be levels of play.

There's a reason the Georgia State and FAMU college football teams of the world get paid $1M+ to get slaughtered by Top 25 teams. Now imagine what would happen if those teams had to PAY $1M+ to play the big boys and get slaughtered? Those matchups would end very quickly. For some reason that logic would be considered crying in softball. We played a lot of games against Hit Em Hard over the years and a lot of them were pretty competitive but I can tell you that the 6-7 times we played you and you had Joey we never won one of those games. One (or more) elite talents can make a HUGE difference.

As for this specific tourney, as you know there are several local teams that play and contribute annually to this tournament, and getting blasted by guys that play conference or play for money every weekend certainly isn't going to improve participation in Bobby's tournament nor the sport in general.

I completely agree with everything that you are saying but teams these days are not where they belong and that's your team included. Well now it is because you guys are a D team. Every single team has players on their team that has played C or higher at one point in their career or not. The problem is that everyone can't continue to play up because of the traveling and being away from family so much gets a bit overwhelming and let's face it the wives end up getting their way at some point. But why is it that coaches get so worried about the money they spend to get waxed by one elite player when they have an elite player themselves on their team.

The best quote I've ever read on florida softball is from Scott Devlin "playboy" when he said DONT BE MAD BECAUSE MY FRIENDS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS" those teams that come out and get waxed and our mad that they don't have a C player look in the mirror and say wait I have hmm in your case Josh the lefty "a former teammate and C player LAST YEAR that can flat out hit"

The tournament reads e/d combo with one drop.

This is an argument that is never ending and the posts every year are all the same thing with different team names. If the teams bitching would quit crying in the dugout and just play ball maybe they wouldn't get waxed and actually compete.

Former Buckwheat/HitEmHard player

#77 SSVIR

SSVIR

HOF

• Hall of Fame
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

To be very clear ....

I was not the one "crying" and posted several times that Bobby has always run a fair tournament, hit my stick is great, and it is for a great cause.

I didn't post anything about any specific player or team as I was simply pointing out that just as annoying as many people think "crying" about rosters in softball is .... there are just as many people on the other side of the coin that are tired of upper players infiltrating the lower divisions.

Don't want to clog up Bobby's post any longer so safe travels to everyone and best of luck to all the teams participating.

#78 cstrasser25

cstrasser25

Minor League

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 7h 58m 23s

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:10 AM

Are we really complaining about a Charity softball tourney? Unbelievable, who cares who plays lets have fun, enjoy playing the sport we all love and quit complaining. Donnie and that team has been playing in this from Day 1, its 1 or 2 guys on a team, that doesnt change the whole team in my opinion, 2 guys arent gonna beat a great D team anyways....if ppl are so worried about whos at a Charity tourney, dont come!!
Christian
ReMax Results

#79 Yankspride21

Yankspride21

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:34 AM

Sack up and let's play ball

#80 SSVIR

SSVIR

HOF

• Hall of Fame
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

Reading comprehension is not a strong suit of some people on this board.

• BlackHammer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

{parse template="include_lightbox_real" group="global" params=""} {parse template="inlineLogin" group="global" params=""}