Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

2018 Winter Nationals @USSSA Space Coast Complex 1/27-28 Mens D&E, Womens open, Womens C and Womens D

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 mk21

mk21

Minor League

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Time Online: 2d 47m 46s

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

5pm championship game on Sunday for D division that's assuming everything runs on time. Why run 40 teams on a 4 field cluster for the entire weekend? Or maybe don't schedule D and E the same weekend? Why not use the stadium Saturday night and Sunday after the women are done?

#42 headhunters

headhunters

Rookie

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Time Online: 6d 1h 45m 1s

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

#43 headhunters

headhunters

Rookie

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:17 AM

#44 USSSA Ralph

USSSA Ralph

HOF

• Paid Directors
  • 4,987 posts
  • Time Online: 236d 12h 43m 19s

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

5pm championship game on Sunday for D division that's assuming everything runs on time. Why run 40 teams on a 4 field cluster for the entire weekend? Or maybe don't schedule D and E the same weekend? Why not use the stadium Saturday night and Sunday after the women are done?

We will be moving games to the Stadium Sat
Night and have extra fields to move games as early as 9am on Sun. Championship will be earlier

RCalderon-zpsgvku4avg.jpg

#45 Rygold88

Rygold88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Time Online: 12h 5m 25s

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

I see your in the mood to answer questions, can i get some answers please???

#46 bigsut

bigsut

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 4h 1m 56s

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

lol. Not all questions get answered. Just let it go and play ball bud

Scotty Sut

Cool Today #14

2015 Lower Comp FL State Champs

#47 alpha dogs 17

alpha dogs 17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Time Online: 8h 27m 31s

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Yeah exactly not all questions get answered like hey Mr. Clark I hand you $100 bill for Cheetos my Change is supposed to be $98…… He Doesn’t answer turns around and puts the change in his pocket

#48 alpha dogs 17

alpha dogs 17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

*clerk

#49 Bigfoot25

Bigfoot25

Major League

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationRiverview,FL
  • Time Online: 20h 55m 20s

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

Lmao! First big tournament of the year and people already complaining. Why is most of the people complaining are always behind a screen name. Jmo but people may take you more serious if they knew who they were talking to. Btw don't know if you guys are new or not but usually most directors don't really comment on here when it comes people questioning things. They prefer you send a pm to them. You may get your questions answered that way. Least a better chance. Right now it looks like trolling to most of us just saying..
  • bigsut, kojak33 and BlackHammer like this
Matt Tyre
2010 Pocket Aces
2010 ISA STATE CHAMPS E - POCKET ACES
2011 - 2012 GO DEEP/GFY MARKETING #25
2012 NSA CO-ED LC STATE CHAMPS - DIRTY DOZEN
2013 NSA GOLD DIV. STATE CHAMPS - DOOM
2013-2015 DOOM #25
2015-2017 Hustle Gang/ATWL/Miken
2017- Headhunters

#50 Rygold88

Rygold88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

I posted on the board to bring awareness to all teams participating that a prize package based on 15 teams is being left the same when the number of teams is more than double. Directors should have no problem answering questions on the board if they are operating fairly and not being greedy. I just can’t understand how a prize package isn’t doubled when the expected turnout is more than doubled. Any team can win therefore any team can care or not care but fair is fair. There is plenty of money to go around, but it always seems to end up in the pockets of those who control everything. Would be nice to see winning teams get what they deserve instead of directors pushing paperwork and stuffing pockets. We all love softball but there is a decent amount of money involved so some accountability and transparency would be nice. Should be expected but unfortunately we live in a time where Integrity and pride are hard to come by qualities. Good luck to all teams playing this weekend, i love softball as much as the next person but this situation has struck a nerve with me and if anyone wants to speak with me, or thinks I’m hiding behind a “screen name” my name is Ryan but most call me “Goldy” i play first base for alpha dogs, jersey number 14.

#51 headhunters

headhunters

Rookie

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

You can always start your sanction. We would be happy to travel down south and play. We're playing in the new sanction down south this year. It's not as easy or profitable as everybody thinks. If that was the case most of us sponser would have started a sanction by now instead of teams.

#52 bigsut

bigsut

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 4h 1m 56s

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Yeah exactly not all questions get answered like hey Mr. Clark I hand you $100 bill for Cheetos my Change is supposed to be $98…… He Doesn’t answer turns around and puts the change in his pocket

Not sure this a fair comparison. The cheetos were priced at $2. The clerk stole your $98

I'm pretty sure usssa is running a business. You said you'd enter the tournament at $385 or whatever it cost. Now that there's more teams you want a better deal? Without a sponsor it's $40 per player.for a weekend of entertainment. It's not breaking the bank. Just play ball. So much whining already. Ralph can't make everyone happy

• USSSA Ralph likes this

Scotty Sut

Cool Today #14

2015 Lower Comp FL State Champs

#53 SoftballPolice2018

SoftballPolice2018

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Time Online: 3h 39m 45s

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

Officer Peabody checking in......it's funny how this topic seems to come up every few years by young guys or players new to tournament softball. Goldy, let me tell you a few things......1. Don't tell too many people that your nickname is Goldy. 2. I agree with you on the point you are trying to make especially when you say "There is plenty of money to go around, but it always seems to end up in the pockets of those who control everything."  WELCOME TO AMERICA!!!! This happens on a daily basis every day in this country. Like Gordon Gecko said in Wallstreet, "Greed is good". What's better than money? More money!!!!! Why should these directors up the prize money when they can put that cash inside their pockets?!?! Like i said before, I'm on your side but that is the answer to your question. USSSA thinks....actually they know....that since they are the premiere sanction people are going to play their tournaments no matter what. Have you seen the amount of E teams that USSSA has had at the World Series the last few years? 240+ teams at $400 a team. That is serious CASH!!!! And they give away crap rings or a trophy. Think of them like the NCAA of softball. Just raking in the cash. The solution is easy but not many will do.....find a new sanction and stop playing USSSA. Or USSSA says first place is $50 a team entered, then things will be good but don't hold your breath for that to happen. Peabody......OUT!!!!

• SamMillerFBLP likes this

#54 Rygold88

Rygold88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

1. My last name is Golden so naturally people began calling me goldy, it’s only in Softball, i have plenty of other nicknames way worse than goldy so i can live with it lol.
2. Much respect for your response and opinion on this matter. I understand it seems as if I’m bitching and whining but i am a man of the people and i have voiced the opinion of many others I’m sure whether it be my teammates, other teams, or other sanctions. Greed is an unfortunate problem that is widespread in this crazy time we live in. I recognize that and thank you for pointing it out clearly with regards to this situation. Something as simple as this softball tournament can be a metaphor for what’s going on in the world and that’s sad. People not getting what they deserve because those in control are greedy, and until something is done about it, I’m just one of those unfortunate souls who has to shut up and play ball. Thank you for the good conversation Peabody, it has been fun. Hopefully we ruffled a few feathers but probably not lol. Good luck to all teams this weekend, play safe, and enjoy yourselves. See you out there.

#55 SamMillerFBLP

SamMillerFBLP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Time Online: 8h 7m 50s

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:30 AM

Officer Peabody is going to keep everyone in check next year, but I do agree with Alpha Dog17 and Rygold. If a prize package says "based on 15 teams," then if there is 41 teams there should obviously be a bigger prize package due to almost triple the amount of Ralph's original prize package estimate. Will i quit playing USSSA and go to another sanction? Just like Peabody said, USSSA is the Premier Softball Organization in the country and they know it. So only time will tell if USSSA will do the right thing or not and Make Softball Great Again. Softball is most definitely a great source of fun and a great sport, but there is always room for improvement. To Headhunters, come play ISPS when there are no USSSA tournaments. My guy David Yesbick gives out more than fair prize packages, and is looking to improve the quality and interest in softball tournaments that have decreased significantly over the past few years. If you prefer to play ASF you can have fun there as well. Best of luck to all the teams this weekend that are playing, play hard, be safe, and have fun in that order. Cookie.... OUT!!!!

#56 Sims44

Sims44

HOF

• Hall of Fame
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida
  • Time Online: 7d 18h 44m 52s

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:37 AM

You can always start your sanction. We would be happy to travel down south and play. We're playing in the new sanction down south this year. It's not as easy or profitable as everybody thinks. If that was the case most of us sponser would have started a sanction by now instead of teams.

Did you get stung by one of your new jellyfish cause I do recall someone named Box raising hell with Freedom about this at one point...lol. Your statement is half true. No it is not easy being a director at all. By new sanction you mean the "New" ISPS cause I would hate to have to tell Tiff that you disappeared if you play ASF...lol.
Shawn Allen
ISPS UIC & Florida Women's Director
(863)873-4552 cell
Gptexan4@gmail.com
2013 Floridasoftball.com Hall of Fame

#57 headhunters

headhunters

Rookie

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

I know a guy named Simms that should change there name to Allen. I did give freedom hell about it your correct. But we're playing at one of the nicest parks I have ever played at and they cost 12 million. This isn't gt. Bray or Greco big difference. When did Kmarts and Sears start a sanction.

#58 headhunters

headhunters

Rookie

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

Simms leave my jellyfish out of it. Lol. Allen needs to be learning how to draft for super drafts next year and quit protesting

#59 alpha dogs 17

alpha dogs 17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:30 AM

putting my beliefs on prizes aside. this tournament was run extremely well. thank you usssa and ralph for a well run event. the teams from what i saw were very well matched( at least the teams we played) the umpiring was very good overall considering there was only 1 umpire in each game and the fields and concessions were great( although it wouldve been nice to have IPAs at the red section of fields LOL)

#60 USSSA Ralph

USSSA Ralph

HOF

• Paid Directors
  • 4,987 posts
  • Time Online: 236d 12h 43m 19s

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

putting my beliefs on prizes aside. this tournament was run extremely well. thank you usssa and ralph for a well run event. the teams from what i saw were very well matched( at least the teams we played) the umpiring was very good overall considering there was only 1 umpire in each game and the fields and concessions were great( although it wouldve been nice to have IPAs at the red section of fields LOL)

Thank you....1st place also got a pd berth to Worlds.

RCalderon-zpsgvku4avg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users